Saturday, January 22, 2011

2nd week of classes

Hello followers,

I just finished my second week at qmul, classes are interesting except one day I sat down in a class that was not my own. I woke up and thought my class was at 9 but it was actually at 10. So I went at 9 and waited 20 minutes before i realized i was in the wrong class. Feminism in post Modern britain was not what I planned on taking.

On Friday during the day I went to the British Museum. It is huge and has a lot of ancient art. Walking through the Egyptian area I was very intrigued. However I still had to think about how Egypt had wanted these artifacts returned, but the British would not do that. This definitely brings up an interesting debate as to who deserves to hold onto the artifacts.

Last night we went to a bar near us that was very good. It was not too crowded, and we met some people who we talked to for a while. There was this one man who was born in Baltimore, moved to Britain and then joined the British army. We had conversations moving from the current American insurgencies in the Middle East, to the England v. USA game in the World Cup.

-"Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm." Abraham Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment