Monday, January 3, 2011

Arrival


 So I got to London and am currently in the Thistle Hotel somewhere in London.  I’m not exactly sure where, I haven’t slept in a while so I am a little unaware.  The flight wasn’t too bad except the woman to my right was hyperventilating before the plane even took off.  After the flight I walked what seemed to be a mile from the plane to the immigration area.  Once I got through security I was stopped because I looked suspicious, which in their minds seems to be an American who doesn’t know where in gods name he was going.

I found the meeting place for my program at the airport and after waiting for 3 hours there we got on a bus to the hotel.  We arrived at the hotel around 10:30 am but our rooms wouldn’t open until 2pm. 

So far London doesn’t look too different from Boston.  We drove around this one bend that looked just like the bend you pass on the Mass Pike near BU.  However driving on the wrong side of the road, billboards and cars on the road were different than I am used to.  We are spending a couple days in this hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment